Thursday, November 12, 2015

PHP - Intro

Not a huge fan of PHP but unfortunately I was turned on to a framework called Yii2 to use during my first foray into web development.  My first iteration of a site that is an accompaniment to a piece of internet connected hardware has been built with PHP on the Yii2 framework.  The journey has involved a considerable amount of learning and I have decided to park some of those learnings here on Somewhere in the Boundary Layer.  Thus, you will start seeing tidbits of knowledge that I want to log for future use in short posts.

As an aside, I have been hardware hacking a lot with node.js as well.  Thus, you will find some node and socket.io strewn about the blog as well.  If you're going to follow suite with either choose node.js and not php as node is better suited for event driven programming for connected devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment